Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

I'm searching for you
In every crestfallen face,
Every downtrodden place
Every dive.
I'm hunting big game
But the stakes are the same
And I'm feeling just less than alive.
I've gone over and back
through every dark track
and every odd branch you left bended -
At the end of the road
The streets paved with gold
Of every heart broken made mended.
I've only begun to gaze at the sun
To go blind would be well worth the prize,
Pentance I've made on this purgatory plane
I lay prostrate at the doors of this Eden -
Reflect on a life
The pain and the strife
Given to all to learn lessons.
The secrets laid bare,
The joy that we share
Will shake in the boughs of the heavens -
In the end we shall be
Like the limbs of that tree
Bended not broken -
Resplendent.


~Darkling Plain, Jan. 15, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment