Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Bicycle Wheels and Veritas

Bicycle Wheels and Veritas


My little rebel, just ride on past
When the road gets too rough
You can run through the grass
I won't stop you, Little Boy Blue.

No need to say your future is cast
You'll never do this or you'll never do that
The last shall be first and the first shall be last
That's why I'm telling you Little Boy Blue,

Go spin awhile -you take a ride
I'll be waiting here on the other side
For you to come home and I'll abide
You know the truth deep down inside
My beautiful Little Boy Blue.

You see the world in a way I can't
Your perception is reality, little man
And if there's a God, in any way I can
I'll walk with you Little Boy Blue.

You take all the time you need
To figure out this realm of greed
Countless lives wasted in futile chase
On the principles of saving face
But the luck of the draw is your saving grace
No fakeness here my little prince
My sincerest Little Boy Blue.

And if you don't like the way others go
You can make your own way in the world, you know
And you'll never be wont for an ally in tow
I'm right here, Little Boy Blue.


~Darkling Plain, Sept. 22, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment