Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Club Twenty-Seven

 

Club Twenty-Seven


Thoughts run from acidic to basic
Rubbed raw with strong lye soap
Dressed and prepared for sacrifice

…I deny myself.

My heart will go on beating
Though my body's laid to waste
My soul flayed piece meal daily
An offering of conventionality

…I deny myself. 

They will not find me splayed
Naked on a public stair, Aztec style
As our pop culture god-men are allowed…
This a snuff film viewed by a crowd
Of a couple hundred well wishers

…I deny myself.

I choose the weapon of my undoing
From an assortment, years in the making…
A noose of lace
A cubicle board iron maiden
And a tv dinner for one with a trace of botulinum

…I deny myself.

I take the lace
Step to the altar and seal my fate
My own Shroud of Turin
In this sacred place
Dead at twenty-seven.


~Darkling Plain, Oct. 13, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment