Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Raven, Reality

Raven, Reality


You, a black winged messenger of pain
Perched on the rear-view mirror of my car
So close I could touch you if I took
Just two steps more,

I believe you know
The secret joy I carry inside.
Are you an omen from an unjust god?
A figure of my imagination?
A piece of my subconscious?

You frighten me so.
I cannot move,
Your piercing gaze has rendered me captive.
Please do not let the fabled meaning
Of your presence be true.

You look ill, my sorrowful herald.
Is it because you wish not to be the
Oracle of my suffering?
Are you a shadow of someone I know
Who has crossed?
There are many my friend.
Do not fear,
I will bear what I must.

Please do not think it bold of me
My sublime one,
If I take a step closer
I need to know you are real
I will steel myself for what is to come.
Please let me touch you.
You are so beautiful in your honesty, fragility.

Alright.

Fly away if you must.
Please, tell your master
I will be strong.
For him.
For you.


~Darkling Plain, Aug. 24, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment